Sunday 8 November 2009



Friday (yesterday) was an exciting day for many reasons.

1. I took my first wicket. A very unlucky TH&AC student fell, clean bowled, to one of my tricky but totally random slow balls. I also increased my batting average from 0 to 1 by making 3 runs before being clean bowled myself.

2. A package of goodies arrived from AVI-VSO to move us one step closer to (maybe) Africa. Over the next month we will be totally checked out - police criminal records check, medical check and dental check. We also have quite a lot of reading to do.


Friday next week we start the immunisation process with vaccinations against a whole lot of diseases I would never want to get - the thought of being in the same vicinity as a rabid dogs without Gregory Peck to protect me gives me the heebie-jeebies.


The cartoon is from dithyrambs.net/humanopodes. I think most players are in more danger from rabid beavers than from my bowling!

More news soon,

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment