Thursday 9 December 2010

Maths teachers in Bukoba are crying out for help – they want to teach maths in a way that is contemporary and relevant, they want to use teaching / learning  aids but they have no money to buy them, they want to know more about the Algebra and Geometry they have to teach.  Would you like to help them?

My new project is this – to write a book and have it printed and distributed so all the teachers in Bukoba District will know the joys of Tangrams and Bottle Caps (and know what Algebra is and what it isn’t!)  This gives teachers the power to better use what they already have and can easily get – it makes them less dependent on financial hand-outs!

The book has written itself – it is based on the collection of resource sheets used in my seminars.

The printing can be done here in Bukoba – Ebrahim Sokwala, Director of Best Deal Publishers and Book Sellers, has told me he will do it at cost !


Distribution is easily solved – teacher mentor teams will take it with them when they take the Pupil-centred Teaching message to the rest of the District.

All I need is $2000 to have it printed .

Here is the front cover.

I will send a (PDF) copy to anyone who wants to see what is inside. 

And you can have your name on the Official Sponsors page.

I hope to have it printed in January so if you could put a little something in Bukoba’s Christmas Stocking I would appreciate it.

Contact me at jenclark59@gmail.com if you would like to help and I will give you more details and tell you how to send money.  Thank you - in great anticipation.

1 comment:

  1. Your book is a fantastic idea!!!! Hope you both are well. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete