Thursday 15 April 2010

Further study needed ...



We had another intense study period in Fitzroy after Easter. There is so much to know about cultural differences, conflict and corruption. VSO has a system of continual learning for volunteers - their web-site has online courses on many and varied topics. Over the next 15 months we will keep learning on very many fronts.

Motor bike riding is a learning that can't all be done in the classroom! The written VicRoads test and the safety seminars were the easy part. The good news was I only fell off once - a graceful, slo-mo topple sideways, and I was able to resist the temptation to speed even with all those 250 ccs available to me. The bad news was that demonstrating the cornering and stopping skills at walking pace wasn't enough - an emergency stop from 2 km/hr doesn't count!


I am committed to this!! I have bought a helmet. (Can you see the look of terror from just wearing the gear!) and I have organised to practice on a local farm this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.

Tutaonana, Jenny

79 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment