Monday 5 May 2014

Packing


I have packed, unpacked and repacked. I will continue doing this up until Thursday, juggling what might be useful with what would be nice to have and staying under the 40 kg limit. On Friday I fly out of Tullamarine at 1415.

In many ways it is unknowable what will be useful, as Arusha and the placement will not reveal themselves until I get there. I won't know where I'll be living until I arrive so I'm packing for all different possibilities. 

I have packed backpacks and shoes for students at Umoja and whiteboard markers for the teachers. I have packed a cafetière and a jar of vegemite for me. Steve has 'ripped' a pile of films and tv series and they're installed on my backup hard drive. I'm still debating the Melbourne FC scarf - it's not so bad being a Demons' supporter just at the moment but the season has a long way to go!



Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes.
My next blog post should be from Arusha.
Jenny