Tuesday 20 May 2014

Wildlife


The gardens here at TCDC are full of life.  I hear lots of birds though cannot always see them - and there are too many people about to be wandering around with binoculars!
Last night there was a little Bushbaby in the tree outside my door. They look so like our possums.


I like the insects - they stay still to be photographed. This lovely creature was about 5 cm from nose to tip.

And here are some Colobus monkeys - noisy critters but relaxing in the late afternoon.


With baby on its knee.


The language course has started well. A lot of what I used to know is coming back. I love the rules and the patterns of the grammar. I had to buy a dictionary though because I am useless at 'vocabularies'!

The meals here are excellent. I'm often not sure what exactly I'm eating but the dishes are varied and very tasty.

More about language school later in the week.

Kazi njema, Jenny.